If you love to eat scallops, you will like this recipe that I am going to share now. The name of this dish is sea scallop with cherry sauce. The richness of scallops along with bit tangy and bit sweet cherries, make the dish incredibly palatable.
Scallops taste most excellent when you cook them at high temperature for a short time. Overcooking makes them stiff and chewy. When you add the scallops to the pan, they should be totally dry. Moreover, the oil should be very hot, but should not smoke. Always keep in mind to avoid extra seasoning or very spicy marinades to keep the sweetness of the scallops intact.
It is a gluten-free recipe. So, if you are following a diet free of gluten, you can try this dish without any problem. Besides, if you are in search of a seafood recipe that requires very fewer ingredients and can be made in minimal time, this recipe is the right bet.
Recipe Of Scallops With Cherry Sauce
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Serving – 4-6
- Sea scallops – 1 ½ pound
- Salt – as per taste
- Black pepper powder – as per taste, freshly ground
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Shallots – 2, chopped
- Rice vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Cherries – ½ pound (pit them and quarter them before using)
- Tarragon – 1 tbsp, chopped
How To Make
- Wash the scallops thoroughly and make them dry by using a paper towel.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper and rub both sides of the scallops with them.
- Now put a large pan over high heat and pour the oil. When the oil becomes very hot, add the scallops. Fry both sides of them till they get a beautiful brown color. It will take about 2 minutes to fry each side. When done, put them on the plate.
- Fry the scallops in batches if you can’t fry all at one time. Cover the plate with a lid so that the scallops remain warm till you serve them.
- In the same pan, add the chopped shallots. Reduce the heat and let them cook on low heat for around 2 minutes. Once they become soft, add the vinegar as well as quartered cherries.
- Put a lid on the pan and let them cook till the cherries become tender. Mix the chopped tarragon with the cherries. Your cherry and tarragon sauce is ready. Pour it over the fried scallops on the plate and serve.
Scallops With Cherry Sauce – Nutritional Information
From each serving of this scallop dish, you will get 200 calories, 24 gm of protein, and 4 gm of fat. Moreover, it will provide you with 17 gm of carbs, 45 mg cholesterol, and 0.5 gm of saturated fat.
Fresh scallops might give you the feeling of a debauched dinner. However, this is one of the simplest seafood that you can prepare at home. They are of two types, for example, bay scallops and sea scallops. The latter is larger and chewer than the former. But they are soft and sweet as well. In this recipe, I have used sea scallops.