Who on earth doesn’t love chicken? From children to adults, everyone is crazy about it. Boiled, fried, and curried – you can have chicken in various forms. And the good news is it always tastes excellent. You can also combine it with different ingredients. Today I am preparing chicken dish with the savory cherry salsa. Do you know how to do it or how it does it taste? No! Then note down the recipe and make this delicious dish this weakened.
Another crucial point is the salsa that I am going to prepare is perfectly suitable for baked tofu or pork chops. You can also serve it with tortilla chips. It is tasty enough to replace your usual tomato salsa. Want to make it extra spicy? Add some jalapenos and feel the fieriness!
Recipe Of Chicken With Cherry Salsa
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 12 minutes
Serves – 4 people
Ingredients For Cherry Salsa Chicken
- Cherries – ½ pound (you should use the pitted cherries)
- White onion – ½ cup, finely chopped
- Ripe tomato – 1, large, (you should core it and then chop finely)
- Salt – as per taste
- Black pepper – as needed, freshly ground
- Cilantro – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Breadcrumbs – ¾ cup (use whole wheat crumbs instead of regular)
- Chicken cutlets – 4, skinless
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp
How To Cook
- Take a food processor and add the tomatoes, chopped onion, cherries, salt, and pepper to it. Beat it till you get a smooth mixture. Your tasty salsa is ready. Now add the chopped cilantro and mix with the salsa well.
- If you do not have a food processor, you can add the chopped tomatoes, onions, cherries, along with salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix them thoroughly and then add the chopped cilantro. In this case, make sure every ingredient is finely chopped.
- Coat both sides of chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Now tip the breadcrumbs on a plate. Coat each cutlet with breadcrumbs and transfer on another plate. If there is any excess of breadcrumbs, remove it.
- Put a big skillet on medium flame and pour the olive oil. As the oil becomes hot, add the chicken cutlets and fry both sides of them till they are nicely brown and crispy. If you can fry them at one go, you can fry the remaining at the next batch. But make sure they are cooked thoroughly.
- When done, transfer the cutlets over a plate and put the salsa over them. Serve hot.
Cherry Salsa Chicken – Nutritional Information
From each serving of 8-ounce chicken salsa, you will get 320 calories along with 2 gm of saturated fat and 9 gm of other fat. It will also give you 32 gm of protein, 530 mg of sodium as well as 24 gm of carbs.
Some Points To Remember
As I already mentioned, this salsa goes very well with other dishes too. So, you can prepare them in large amounts and put them in an air-tight container. Keep the container in the fridge for a month. Thus, cooking will become much easier and faster. Just make your pork chop or bake the tofu or chicken and add the salsa before gorging on them.